11.04.2005

odd assortment

"So who else is coming to Thanksgiving dinner?"
"Um, let me see." Calculations on the fingers. Figures not a forte. "I'm getting eighteen—unless my friends from France come, in which case it's twenty-two."
Every year I say I'm going to have a smaller affair, one for which I don't have to borrow chairs from all the neighbors and one for which I will have enough silverware
OK, let's break it down a little further, assuming 18, for the moment.
Age range: 1 to 65
Teenagers: 1
Children: 4
Men: 5
Women: 8
Sets of twins: 1
Naturalized Americans: 2
Unmarried: 7
Blond: 7
People of color: 0 (unless you count Chinese or Latino)
Couples: 3
Nondrinkers of legal age: 4
Smokers: 3
Why I can't stop: I will have to keep counting

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot food prefereneces, babe:

Carnivores
Turkey-and-Fish-Eating- Vegetarians
Strict Vegetarians
Vegans
Fruitarians
Breath-Arians

Anonymous said...

I meant to say: Breath-Airians
But you have your Breath- Nubians, Breath-Hasidics, Breath-Native-Americans, as well as your Germans. I guess.

Anonymous said...

All is this thing about??? This too much for Li.
What about, in America this November is like Halloeween? This is very bad time, when birds, wulverines, drinking-cats and werwulves are having coffee?
Li must ask how America thinks up such thing.

Claudia said...

What the heck is a breath-airian? Somebody who doesn't eat at all? Like, an anorectic?

Anonymous said...

Yes and No. They live HEALTHILY on air alone.
I've heard tell of them.

Anonymous said...

Ah! Li know of this persons. Like popular American song say:
"All I need is air that breath, and love you!!"

Li is such person with Lady-Bride!

Soon, Li not need beline sandwich or beef chow mein, like bad werewulves and coffee-drinking cats.

Li is Love-Airian with Lady Bride.

Anonymous said...

now here is something i can really sink my teath into...the air i breath?