11.01.2005

night of the dead

It was midnight on Halloween, known by the Wiccans as Samhain, or New Year's Eve. I killed them by fire, I killed them by earth, I killed them by water.
Or, in normaltalk, I tried to burn up the rest of my cigarettes but even with a bunch of wooden matches stuffed in they wouldn't burn (what IS that chemical?). So then I stomped on them. And then I was afraid they might still be burning so I poured water on them. Then I threw them in the trash. The ocean might have been more romantic for me ("and then I cast them into the waves, as a stone weighing down my life"), but probably not for the ocean itself, which has enough trash floating around in it already.
It hasn't been too tough to quit since, because I've been asleep. Happy Day of the Dead.
Why I can't stop: I will always be a smoker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valiums. Or, maybe you could, like, go out with someone who has quit smoking. Like people meet each other in AA.
You just need to share.

Anonymous said...

Or try the patch. Or Nicorette. It worked for Kay. No shame in having an assist. Let Go and Let Gum.

Anonymous said...

you are a very brave witch burning your bad magic..when the smoke screen is gone who will be there?