3.14.2005

for god's sake

In the dream I was attending sabbath services at a synagogue with my husband. When I woke, I wondered why, since I'm neither married to him any more nor Jewish. It was probably prompted by a story I read of a women who converted from Judaism to evangelical Christianity and embraced chastity for two years (with, she coyly admits, a couple of slips) until she married and could have good Christian sex.
Well hallelujah for her. Chastity is no fucking problem at all if you're single, female and over 40, let me tell you. That's particulary unfair since it is at this age that most women become raving sex maniacs. Two years? Wow. I have been chaste for longer stretches (ok, a couple of slips) with zero Christian conscience and absolutely no challenge to my willpower (which we know to be weak, see blog title).
Jesus, pass me a cigarette.
Reason for smoking today: Chastity for god's sake.

No comments: