7.11.2005

over there

Alas, poor Europe. We can sit around here and scratch our asses and sympathise and pontificate, but in fact Americans are very complacent. 9/11 seems a long time ago and 7/7 a long way away. In Europe, however, people have been living with bombs bursting in air for quite a while now. They have large, angry Muslim populations and are a lot closer to the action in the Middle East than we are. They know it's never really going to be over.
We, on the other hand, all secretly believe that we've seen the worst of it, that it won't happen here.
"Excuse me, sir, would you mind holding this package for me?"
Kablam.
That feeling of security will be gone in a puff of smoke.
Reason I can't stop smoking: Damn Yanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pass the napalm while your at it....and while the bombs fly....I will have a smoke and wonder it it will be my last.

Anonymous said...

I feel your smoking blog sends mixed messages. Your ads are all about nicotine gum and what not to quit smoking.
Can you hook-up with some ads that offer cartons at a lower price instead?