10.19.2011

thus spoke Michael Lutin

wednesday 19 OCTOBER

Why do people eat, drink smoke, screw
ordo anything compulsively?
Because they are hungry.
When you locate the original source
of your hunger,
you're not so hungry any more.
It's easier to get in touch with it
when the Moon is in Cancer
and the Sun in Libra
as it is now.
You'll find comfort in comfort food
preparing it,
eating it
or serving it to loved ones.
It's a form of connection
an inescapable one
in the search for
intimacy.
Intimacy is not,
contrary to popular belief,
the need to reveal every part of yourself
to another person.
it is about sharing
on a soul level.
And when that is denied you,
you eat yourself silly.
Or
some people just starve themselves
to repeat the process of
emotional starvation.
The effort it takes to remain balanced
is worth it.

3 comments:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

I would love to know what the"original" source of my hunger is...maybe you can help me figure it out? what's yours?

cba said...

Do you feel balanced?

Anyone?

Too much damage from too many sources.

I think we hunger for Heaven from the moment we leave it at birth.

So, maybe Belinda Carlisle has the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFPajU-d-Ek

I sure don't.

Claudia said...

I take it he means the hunger for love. However, I don't feel unloved. Perhaps he's talking about the desire for intimacy. Now I do have some issues there! Like not wanting it!